Laying the Foundation for Combating Malnutrition in India
The project aims to provide health and nutrition education through 4 Poshan videos in 18 Indian languages. The Poshan videos are produced by the Government of India and UNICEF, with pro bono services of Aamir Khan, and they reinforce the following key messages:
- Expecting mothers should get the correct diet and quarter portions more than usual
- Mother's first milk is the best, don't throw it away and make sure the child gets it.
- For the first six months the child should only be fed mother's milk and nothing else, not even water.
- When the child enters the seventh month, balance mother's milk with a nutritious diversified diet.
The videos addresses the importance of balanced nutrition and health and are available in 18 languages.
The purpose of this set of vignettes, intended for the community at large, is to
- Create awareness about the symptoms and alarming consequences of malnutrition and addressing the importance of balanced nutrition and health
- Simple things you can do to prevent malnutrition
- Mother and Child Protection Card: A simple yet powerful card that helps to constantly monitor the nutrition and growth of a child